CUSTOMER PRIVACY NOTICE
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
What information do we collect from you?
How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes. For example:
- To gather contact information;
- To confirm and verify your identity;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- To market our services to you provided you have not opted out of receiving direct
- marketing communications;
- To secure your booking so that we can provide services to you;
- To monitor our premises for security purposes via CCTV; and
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of services to you. These services providers have a legal obligation to comply with the privacy requirements set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act. We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes; and
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
You can remove or block cookies by going to the settings in your browser, but in some cases doing so may impact your ability to use the website.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure. Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information; and
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
What is personal information?
According to the Protection of Personal Information Act personal information is information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person for example:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses;
- Name and Surname;
- Telephone number;
- Gender, race or ethnicity;
- Religion or religious beliefs; and
- Photos and video footage.